Somehow, she got through middle school and high school with her love of learning intact -- I give a lot of credit to most (not all) of her teachers.
It is funny -- the darling daughter found chemistry extremely difficult, and the chem teacher was originally very unsupportive. He thought, "if she could do so well in the lab work, why were her tests so bad? She must not be studying." Then, when he finally began to understand what the barriers were, in December, he became one of her biggest supporters. She still ended up with a C+, but the respect of the teacher meant more to her than anything else. He wrote a glowing letter of recommendation.
As for me, I'm training to be an educational therapist (through Ed School) and taking classes on my own -- Making Math Real, Handwriting Without Tears, and I'm a Barton tutor.
We are the Razzy Rasmussens- Scott and Rebecca Rasmussen. The 'HENZ' are Hannah, Elisabeth, Nathan, and Zachary. Does that make me a mother hen??? Scott and I have been married for 20 wonderful years and counting.
1 comments:
Sorry for the topic hijack, I wanted to just say this:
Hi, thanks for your comment at KTM, here
http://kitchentablemath.blogspot.com/2008/03/dyscalculia-what-is-it-international.html
My daughter is an older version of your daughter.
She's thriving at Clark University.
Somehow, she got through middle school and high school with her love of learning intact -- I give a lot of credit to most (not all) of her teachers.
It is funny -- the darling daughter found chemistry extremely difficult, and the chem teacher was originally very unsupportive. He thought, "if she could do so well in the lab work, why were her tests so bad? She must not be studying." Then, when he finally began to understand what the barriers were, in December, he became one of her biggest supporters. She still ended up with a C+, but the respect of the teacher meant more to her than anything else. He wrote a glowing letter of recommendation.
As for me, I'm training to be an educational therapist (through Ed School) and taking classes on my own -- Making Math Real, Handwriting Without Tears, and I'm a Barton tutor.
Post a Comment